How to reduce asthma attacks?
1.Avoid exposure to tobacco smoke.
- Avoid exposure to chemical and perfume sprays.
- Avoid contact with pets you are allergic to.
- Do not use humidifiers – as they increase the chance of mold and mite growth.
- Install ventilators in the kitchen for exhaust.
- Minimize the use of rugs if you are allergic to dust.
- Take the influenza vaccine every year as any viral infection leads to increased airway sensitivity.
- Decrease exposure to dust mites using pillow and bed-covers that do not permit mites to cross.
- Decrease exposure to mites by the periodic washing of toys with hot water.
- Decrease humidity in rooms using a dehumidifier.
- Wash bed-sheets every week with warm water.
- Avoid Venetian blinds in rooms
- Reduce the number of cushions in rooms
- Avoid lampshades that can collect dust.
- Reduce the number of bookshelves.
- Avoid stuffed toys.